Slow cooker red beans and rice. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice. I allowed the turkey to sit in the slow cooker with the chicken broth for about an hour so that it will get tender and easy to shred off the bone then I added all of the ingredients. Add the water and red beans along with garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaves, and dried thyme.
It's a no-fuss comfort food the whole family will love! [MUSIC] Hi, I'm Kristy Jordan. With Quick Fix Suppers you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time around the table, so let's get started. I love my slow cooker but get tired of. You can cook Slow cooker red beans and rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker red beans and rice
- You need 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of ribs of celery, diced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 cans of kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 12-16 oz of andouille sausage, sliced into coins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of broth.
- You need of Seasonings: paprika, cajun, Italian, old bay, salt&pepper.
- You need of Cooked rice.
How to Freeze Red Beans and Rice Recipe. Once cooked, allow to cool completely and then portion into freezer-safe container(s). When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat and serve. Here's my Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Recipe.
Slow cooker red beans and rice step by step
- Add everything, except rice, to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low 4 hours..
- Serve over rice..
- The sausage I used..
I hope you love it as much as we do! Rinse the kidney beans thoroughly under water. Add the kidney beans, sausage, garlic, celery, onion, bell pepper, Creole seasoning, hot sauce, dried thyme, bay leaves and chicken stock to the bowl of a large slow cooker. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice! This vegan red beans and rice recipe is so satisfying and perfect for chilly winter days.