Lynn’s Beef Stew (Crockpot). Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture.
You can enjoy this slow cooker beef stew on a weekday by throwing everything in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and coming home to a ready-to-dig-in dinner. Calling on all the warm fuzzies, cuddly blankets, and flannel! It's time for a hug in dinner form: Crockpot Beef Stew. You can cook Lynn’s Beef Stew (Crockpot) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lynn’s Beef Stew (Crockpot)
- You need 1 lb. of stew beef, browned and dredged in flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder,.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour, for dredging.
- You need 28 oz. of can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 4 cups of hot water.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 lb. of potatoes, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, peas or any other desired vegetables.
Every bite of this old fashioned beef stew slow cooker recipe soothes me from the inside out. Tender beef and vegetables nestled into rich, soulful gravy, this slow cooker beef stew will reward your patience with every bite. Now that each day seems to be cooler than the last. You can use stew meat for beef stew (obviously), but we prefer bottom round beef roast.
Lynn’s Beef Stew (Crockpot) instructions
- Brown the stew beef in a skillet on med-high heat, add salt, pepper and garlic powder, drain and dredge in flour. Add to crockpot sprayed with cooking spray..
- Add all other ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours..
- Remove the bay leaves and enjoy with a loaf of Italian bread..
CrockPot Beef Stew is one of my all-time favorite slow cooker meals. It's filling and delicious with tender chunks of beef, carrots, potatoes and peas (or green beans). When it comes to satisfying comfort food, slow cooker Beef Stew is the ultimate! My Beef Stew recipe goes back to when I was a child and my mom made this. I carried on this recipe to my family.