Simple Seafood Rice. Delicious Recipes & Helpful Hints Free From Kraft® Kitchens. This is a quick and easy shrimp fried rice recipe that my kids all love! From quick and easy bowls and plates (like these Shrimp Fajita Bowls, Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetables with Rice, and Shortcut Shrimp Paella) to Cajun-inspired suppers (we love this Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage and this Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo), you're going to want to bookmark this collection of shrimp recipes with rice.
Impress your dinner guests with this easy and impressive dish! I always make sure I have some sort of quick cooking rice for those days when we don't have any leftover rice on hand. This recipe is best when made with leftover rice because it's had time to dry out making it easier to crisp up….and those crispy bits are the best part. You can have Simple Seafood Rice using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Seafood Rice
- It’s 1 of -lbs whole shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of lobster tail.
- Prepare 3 of cup.
- You need of parboiled rice.
- You need 1/4 of onion diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Red pepper diced.
- You need 2 of – cloves garlic diced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf-optional.
- Prepare Pinch of food coloring.
- Prepare to taste of Salt& pepper.
- It’s of Tsp-olive oil.
- You need 1 of – cup cooking wine/white -or 1- cup beer/ optional.
- You need Dash of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 of – cup water for rice.
Keep some frozen shrimp in the freezer and Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix in the pantry, and you can have this delicious meal at a moment's notice. Just chop bell peppers, cook Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix and add shrimp. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat.
Simple Seafood Rice step by step
- Dice onion, red pepper, garlic. Place knife across lobster tail sideways and press firmly to split tails in half.
- Devein shrimp by slicing tail crosswise, open and remove digestive vein, rinse. Do not remove shell or head. Sauté vegetables in the olive oil.
- Add tomato sauce, seafood,salt, pepper and let simmer for 2 min, then add rice, wine, and food coloring, stir well, cover and let cook for 20 to 25 min. Uncover, stir and serve. Enjoy.
Instead of using the seafood mix, poach two fillets of undyed smoked haddock in a jug of boiling water for about five minutes and then flake into chunks removing any bones as you go. When rice is almost cooked, add the haddock and scallops and stir to incorporate. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. This shrimp fried rice recipe was very simple to follow, a breeze to make, and makes a very flavorful dish!