Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings. Right before adding biscuits if liquid's too watery mix a few TBSPNs of flour with cold water & stir into crock pot to thicken. Scatter onion in the bottom of a large slow cooker then top with chicken.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings. Juicy chicken breasts cooked to tender perfection in the slow cooker in a rich creamy sauce. Shortcut dumplings make this deliciously comforting meal effortless for a family favorite everyone will agree on. You can cook Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 3 of Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Garlic Cloves (amount is your preference).
- Prepare of Celery (amount is your preference).
- You need of White Onion (Medium or Large).
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Golden Mushroom.
- You need 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Cream of Chicken.
- It’s of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Parley.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of (plus dusting) Poultry Seasoning.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 Cups of Corn or Peas (I use frozen corn, either needs to be at room temp before you add).
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of Can of Flaky Biscuits.
Chicken and Dumplings are probably the ultimate comfort food. I made this Chicken & Dumplings recipe today for dinner and my husband and I both rate it "Excellent!" It was very easy and the chicken was soooo tender and delicious. I used the Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer Biscuits. The dumplings were of a good texture, not gooey at.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- Place butter in crockpot on high while you chop your ingredients. I coat the bottom of the pot with the butter..
- Start with your staples. Garlic, onion, and celery is my mix. You can add carrots if you like. Chop those and place them on top of the melted butter. (If you want to add carrot, I’d suggest 2 large carrots and go for a medium onion rather than a large and half the celery pictured).
- Time for chicken! I use 3 chicken breasts because I add a lot of veggies. If you want more, add a 4th breast and subtract 1/2 cup of veggies. Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies. Lightly dust with poultry seasoning. Place the lid on the cooker while you prep the liquid part of the meal..
- Open a can of Cream of Chicken and Golden Mushroom and empty into a bowl. Fill the Cream of Chicken can with chicken broth and poor it in with the soup. Add your parsley, cayenne pepper, and poultry seasoning. Blend together and pour on the veggies and chicken..
- Now you have the blended liquid in the pot, and if it doesn’t cover your chicken use a bit of chicken broth to make sure the breasts are just barely covered. Put the lid on and cook on high for 5 hours..
- After 5 hours, turn your cooker to low and shred the chicken. Add in your room temperature peas or corn..
- Open your can of biscuits and cut them into strips. Then peel the flaky layers apart and stir them into the pot. Cook for an hour on low and it’s ready to eat!.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings is a super easy recipe that uses chicken stock, frozen chicken breasts, cream of chicken and refrigerated biscuits. In my mind, there really is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of chicken and dumplings. Honestly, any version of chicken and dumplings is totally fine. Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings are a homestyle comfort food made easy. If you love traditional chicken and dumplings, you'll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe!.