C-C-C Crock-Pot Chicken Cardiac Healthy. The mix of onions, tomatoes, kalamata olives, oregano and parsley adds pleasing acidity to the browned chicken, while toasted pine nuts lend interest to the orzo. Although it's traditional to serve this over rice, it's also delicious with noodles or mashed potatoes. Venezuelan Chicken Sandwiches with Avocado (Reina Pepiada Arepas) In Venezuela, sandwiches are often made with corn rolls known as arepas (ah-reh-pahs) that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
This easy dish is healthy, delicious and a definite crowd pleaser! I like to serve the chicken with warm tortillas, rice, beans and salsa. For an equally awesome dish, you can substitute beef or pork for the chicken. —Heather Walker, Scottsdale, Arizona Cooking Tip: Carrots don't necessarily need to be peeled, although they do look prettier for it. You can have C-C-C Crock-Pot Chicken Cardiac Healthy using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of C-C-C Crock-Pot Chicken Cardiac Healthy
- You need of For the Crock-Pot.
- You need 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 1/2 of big bag baby carrots.
- You need 3 of chicken breast (or 1 per person).
- Prepare 3 lbs of cubed potatoes (or sweet potato, 1 lb a person).
- Prepare 1 of peeled and cubed onion.
- It’s bowl of For the.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of earth balance butter.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mrs dash garlic and herb.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of For top.
- You need 5 tablespoon of earth balance butter.
- It’s 5 of small handfuls brown sugar.
If you're in a rush, just wash them with water and slice without peeling. Keep it Healthy: The slow cooker is also a great and easy resource to make your own chicken stock. Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken or Pork Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this American recipe for barbecue meat that is delicious, heart healthy, and versatile! Use it on whole wheat buns for sandwiches, or served with a side of no salt added pinto beans or Asian Cole Slaw.
C-C-C Crock-Pot Chicken Cardiac Healthy instructions
- In order, do for the Crock-Pot.
- Do for the bowl and melt.
- Stir for the bowl, pour on top of crock evenly.
- Spread out for the top.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Use the broth for a gravy and serve.
When it comes to keeping your heart healthy, there are a number of factors involved, but one of the most important is diet. One of the keys to heart-healthy eating is avoiding saturated fats and trans fat. Chicken is the most widely consumed protein in the United States and, depending upon how it's prepared, it can be either a healthy and delicious meal or a saturated fat-loaded diet bomb. This recipe has added health benefits from the fiber in the chickpeas and the beta carotene and vitamin C in dried apricots. Perfect for busy days or when you don't want to heat up the kitchen, these crock-pot meals are fast, easy, and super healthy!