Yang Zhou Fried Rice. Yangzhou fried rice is a perhaps the most well-known dish of the city of Yangzhou, Jiangsu province. Home-style fried rice can be as humble as basic egg fried rice or as luxury as this Yangzhou fried rice, a star throughout the country. The best tool for perfect fried rice is a wok, in which you can quickly move all the grains.
This version omits the hard-to-find luxuries of sea cucumber and freshwater crabmeat, but otherwise follows the traditional method. Yangzhou Fried Rice, also named Yeung Chow Fried Rice, is a simple homemade dish, made from cold cooked rice and various ingredients, such as sausage, lettuce and green peas. It is so named because its origin can be dated back to Yangzhou, where it is said fried rice started to be widely popular. You can have Yang Zhou Fried Rice using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yang Zhou Fried Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of or rice (cooked).
- Prepare 10 of shrimps (deveined).
- You need 1 handful of peas and corn.
- You need 1/2 of carrot (cut diced).
- You need 1 of egg (beat).
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Seasoning.
Yangzhou Chaofan, one of the most popular fried rice dishes in the world. It's disputed whether Yangzhou Chaofan is a Huaiyang dish from Yangzhou (Yang Chow) or actually a Cantonese dish from. For the spicy ketchup sauce, if using: In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and chili. Yangzhou fried rice from Jiangsu Province is the most famous variety of fried rice in China.
Yang Zhou Fried Rice instructions
- Heat the wok, sauteé shrimps then set aside. Followed with peas, corn, and carrots for just a while. Then set aside..
- Heat the oil, put the rice in. Add some soy sauce, stir well. Then, add the beaten egg to the rice, mix well..
- Next, bring the veggies and shrimps back into the wok. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning sauce..
Known for the fine knifework in cutting the ingredients, it has been the model for "special fried. Yangzhou fried rice is also called Yangzhou fried rice with egg. It is a popular Yangzhou specialty with a long history. It is dazzling with many colorful ingredients. What makes Yangchow rice distinct from Cantonese fried rice is that the individual grains of rice are cooked in the egg, and soy sauce, oyster sauce, or other seasonings are not added.