Summer Vegetarian Chili. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
A few tips for making this Easy Vegetarian Summer Chili: I definitely recommend using a vegetable chopper to make the process a little bit quicker! I made this summer chili in a large stock pot, but this recipe also works great in the slow cooker. 😉 I'm all about that set it and forget life! Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. You can cook Summer Vegetarian Chili using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetarian Chili
- You need of Vegetable Chili.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 cup of red onion, chopped.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomato.
- It’s 1 can of (15 ounce) no salt-added black beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of bell pepper, chopped (any color).
- Prepare 1 cup of zucchini, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil then add onion, bell pepper, and carrots. It's great for an easy dinner that's also gluten free and vegan! Serve this Summer Vegetarian Chili with salad and cornbread and you're all set! You can even keep your kitchen cool by switching from the stove top to slow cooker method for preparing this recipe.
Summer Vegetarian Chili step by step
- Heat oil in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Saute over medium heat until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add more liquid if needed..
- Serve alone or over rice. Garnish if desired with any of the following: reduced-fat cheddar cheese, onion, fat-free sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro..
This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is SO quick and easy to make and full of vegetables, beans, and quinoa! Find a wide variety of vegetarian recipes for summertime. Seasonal salads, main dishes, desserts and cocktails featuring summer produce. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.