Homemade Pumpkin Purée. Aside from the obvious use in pumpkin pie, it comes in handy for pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin dip, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin butter (see second post below)…I even mix the puree with butter and maple syrup for a ridiculously sinful fall side dish. And don't even get me started on how good it is for you. Using a large spoon, remove the roasted flesh of the pumpkin from the skin to the bowl of a food processor.
To make a fresh pumpkin pie filling please follow these tips. Loaded with pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and drizzled with maple icing.. Great Holiday Recipes to Make with Kids. You can have Homemade Pumpkin Purée using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pumpkin Purée
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need of Coconut Milk.
- It’s of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- You need of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 of Sugar Pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
The recipe requires only two ingredients and that's counting salt, which is technically optional! You can make pumpkin puree in advance, too. It will keep for a week in the refrigerator and for months in the freezer. Different varieties of pumpkin make different purée textures and flavours, so while you can use any pumpkin for purée, they'll give different results.
Homemade Pumpkin Purée instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile cut sugar pumpkin in half remove guts and seeds (save seeds for roasting later, yuuum!).
- Once pumpkin is cleaned out lightly rub the inside of the sugar pumpkin with coconut oil with your finger tips.
- Place halved sugar pumpkin face down on baking sheet, this will prevent the pumpkin from drying out. Place in the oven, bake for 45-50 minutes. Pumpkin is done baking when a fork can gently poke through the outside skin..
- Once your pumpkin is done roasting let sit for 20 minutes to cool down. When this is done gently peel the outside skin off the pumpkin meat..
- Place pumpkin meat in your food processor or blender add coconut milk, honey, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract, all to taste. Add little amounts at a time until you get a thick creamy consistency. Less is more you don't want your purée to be soupy..
- Once everything is blended together you will have a tastey home made pumpkin purée great for pumpkin lattes, pies, dips, cookie, and other baked goods!.
You can also try using different varieties of winter squash: butternut squash have orange flesh, a very dense texture and a sweet flavour, while kabocha (Japanese squash) have yellow flesh, an. Pumpkin puree may be best known for the main ingredient in pumpkin pie, but this vegetable can be incorporated into so many other recipes, from soup to pasta sauce to pancakes. Use your homemade pumpkin puree to make a better-than-Starbucks pumpkin spice latte , a pumpkin spicy queso dip (perfect for fall football), or even a vegetarian three. If you're going to jump on the pumpkin band wagon, you might as well start your day with a pumpkin puree smoothie. Pro tip: If using puree for baked goods, strain in a cheesecloth before using.