Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas). Sign in to make your opinion count.. Pork Carnitas in the Crock Pot! Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Recipe This really is such an easy recipe to make in the morning and have dinner pretty much ready when you want it in the evening.
I found that the only way to get that authentic Mexican flavor is to use the manteca "lard". Also DO NOT use American style Coca-Cola, it doesn't have the raw sugar the Mexican Coca-Cola has. See great recipes for Quick & Easy Rainbow Pork Pot Roast too! You can cook Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas)
- It’s 1 of slow cooker liner for crockpot (makes clean up easy).
- It’s 1 of 4 lb pork roast (shoulder or rump roast).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 2 medium of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of stalks of celery (use the top with the leaves).
- You need 1 medium of onion (minced).
Crispy Pork Carnitas Haiku: "Method is perfect, texture moist crispy heaven, but cinnamon? I made another Cuban inspired crock pot meal. The way I see it is, life is too short to just have one pork shoulder/ pork butt slow cooker meal in your repertoire.. Optional: To make the pork seem more like carnitas preheat oven to Broil.
Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas) step by step
- place slow cooker liner in crockpot..
- mix all the dry spices in the food processor … if you don't have a food processor then mix with a wisk well..
- mix rub all over roast and let rest for almost 1 hr..
- put the bay leaves and 2 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of crockpot..
- place roast fat side up in crockpot. If there isn't enough fat I lay thick bacon over the 'up' portion of the roast. after you put leftover rub on the roast..
- let roast cook 5 hours and turn..
- after 10 hours on low take roast out of cooker..
- remove bay leaves, when you take it out to shred..
- shred roast using forks and put back in cooker..
Spread the pork on a cookie sheet and pour some of the remainder juices. See great recipes for Quick & Easy Rainbow Pork Pot Roast too! Pork Carnitas Recipe that is completely authentic and cooks slowly in a crock pot, on the stove, or in your slow cooker before you put it into the oven to become crispy and caramelized. This Mexican pulled pork is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos or nachos. Crispy Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork) is a winner!