Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches. Fresh Italian sausage–either spicy or sweet–simmers for hours in prepared pasta sauce with green bell pepper and onion. It's an easy meal served in sandwiches or over rice. Classic Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Sandwiches is an old world Italian sausage and peppers recipe.
Remove pork chops and sausages from slow cooker. Remove pork from bones; discard bones. Whenever I need a quick and easy recipe that I can toss in the slow cooker, let it cook away while I am busy doing other things this recipe for Italian sausages and peppers is one of my go-to recipes. You can have Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches
- You need 1 package of italian sausage links (Hot, sweet or mild).
- It’s 1 package of frozen peppers and onions.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Soft rolls (I use slider sized split hot dog buns).
- You need 1 jar of your favorite marinara.
- It’s of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese.
- It’s of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese (if desired).
It is so stinking easy that you almost don't need a recipe. Grill sausages according to package directions. Combos, the classic Chicago sandwich of Italian sausage and Italian beef, can be made and held for a crowd in the slow-cooker. [Photograph: Jennifer Olvera] Years back, I came across a recipe for Chicago-style Italian beef from Guy Fieri. First off, I won't profess to have an affinity for the guy.
Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches step by step
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of frozen peppers & onions. Add italian seasoning to taste..
- Add sausage links.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir occasionally if you can but if not it'll be fine..
- 1 hour prior to them being done add jar of marinara sauce..
- Serve on soft roll or over pasta. I add a slice of provolone before the sausage so it melts and then sprinkle with shaker cheese on top..
Plus, as a native Chicagoan, I was a bit skeptical. Place sausge, onion, peppers, Ragu and Italian seasoning in slow cooker. Add a hoagie and some cheese for the ultimate, tummy-pleasing sandwich.. Slow Cooker Italian Beef for Sandwiches. Make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers today and enjoy all the Italian flavors.