Slow Cooker Italian Beef. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Slow Cooker Italian Beef for Sandwiches Slow Cooker Italian Beef for Sandwiches. The best thing to do is to have it cook in the slow cooker until it is cooked through, then slice it thinly and return it to the juice for about an hour (just like they do at the beef restaurants).
If you're looking for a great no-fuss meal, you have to try this amazing Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef! It cooks away in your slow cooker (hello easy weeknight meal!), until it's so tender it practically falls apart by itself, then shredded. It's tangy, a little bit spicy (totally customizable though), and SO versatile! You can cook Slow Cooker Italian Beef using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Prepare 2-5 lb of boneless beef top round roast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 of jar(16 oz) pepper rings(liquid included).
This Slow Cooker Italian Beef is an easy dinner recipe inspired by the Chicago staple that has so much flavor it will literally melt in your mouth! If you love easy slow cooker recipes, you might also enjoy my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken, Barbacoa Beef, and Apple Cider Chicken! Slow cooker Italian beef is a one pot meal that's so easy to make, you'll put the ingredients into your slow cooker and forget about it … until the incredible aroma calls you back to the kitchen! Perfect for a family dinner or get-together, your guests will be coming back for seconds with these Italian beef sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef step by step
- Chop up the carrots into small pieces. Place to the side..
- After trimming off the fat, put the roast into the slow cooker. Add all of the spices..
- Next, add the carrots on top of the roast..
- Pour the whole jar of pepper rings into the slow cooker. Put the cover on top, set the temperature to low and cook for 7-8 hours. Stir about halfway through the cooking..
- Using two forks, shred the beef and then stir together..
In a large slow cooker, place roast in (I like to put the side with the fat up, but you can also trim the fat if you prefer). Sprinkle the italian dressing seasoning mix over the top of the roast. Pour the whole jar of pepper rings with juice over the roast. Load up on the delicious flavor of these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches! A handful of ingredients are all you need to pull this amazing dinner off.