Slow Cooker Bronx Lemon Butter Chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is covered in a creamy sauce made with plenty of lemon, butter and garlic! Serve the sauce over pasta or rice for an easy, delicious dinner!
Put the lemon juice, butter, olive oil, oregano, basil, black pepper, and garlic into the slow cooker. Add the chicken thighs into the slow cooker. Close the lid and set the temperature to low, and cook for. You can cook Slow Cooker Bronx Lemon Butter Chicken using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bronx Lemon Butter Chicken
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice(About 2 lemons).
- You need 1 Stick of unsalted butter(Cut into 3 pieces).
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic(diced).
- You need 2-3 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs.
Is it Safe to Cook Chicken in a Slow Cooker? Although it seems that cooking food at such a low temperature might be dangerous, slow cookers are, in fact safe, according to the USDA. Simple Slow Cooker Lemon Butter Chicken To make this crockpot chicken recipe: Place chicken thighs at the bottom of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red chili pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Slow Cooker Bronx Lemon Butter Chicken instructions
- Put the lemon juice, butter, olive oil, oregano, basil, black pepper, and garlic into the slow cooker. Stir together..
- Add the chicken thighs into the slow cooker. Close the lid and set the temperature to low, and cook for seven hours..
You can just place the chicken thighs into the cooker, but for an even better result, I prefer to add some extra flavor with herbs and lemon zest, and then brown the skin in a skillet. This adds a bit of color to the chicken, which looks much better in the end. Then since I've dirtied the skillet, I use it to make a delicious lemony gravy to serve with the chicken when. Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken bucks the general rule of thumb I live by with slow cooker chicken recipes. I almost NEVER add chicken breast to a slow cooker.