Crockpot Black Bean Chili. This crock pot black bean chili is made with the addition of pinto beans, great northern beans, or kidney beans. Tomatoes, cumin, and garlic add robust flavor, along with the chili powder and onions. This hearty Crock Pot Beefy Black Bean Chili is a definite must-make for game day or an easy weeknight dinner!
I cooked the onion, garlic and turkey in a saute pan, then transferred the mixture to a crockpot (so I didn't have to tend to it) and added the other ingredients. It cooked on high for an hour and a half and was ready to eat. Recipe: Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili. by Kelli Foster. You can have Crockpot Black Bean Chili using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Black Bean Chili
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, do not drain.
- It’s 1 (28 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (6 ounce) of can tomato paste.
- You need 6 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Adobo.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Shredded Mexican cheese OR shredded cheddar cheese.
Print Recipe (Image credit: Joe Lingeman) One bite of this ultra-hearty chili and you just might question if it's really vegan after all. After a full day of simmering in the slow cooker, the chili takes on a deep and rich reddish-black. Truly the best black bean chili recipe!! It ultra-quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan (although you can add meat if you'd like), and SO flavorful and delicious.
Crockpot Black Bean Chili instructions
- Brown and drain fat from ground beef…….
- Add to ground beef the chopped onion, green pepper and garlic,sauté until veggies are tender……..
- Add ground beef mixture to crockpot…….
- To crock pot add : black beans, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste…..Stir well….
- Next add : chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and adobo, stir well……
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours…..Stir occasionally…….
- Serve with some cornbread, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese OR cheddar cheese and enjoy 😉!.
Instant Pot, Crock-Pot and stovetop instructions included. Try using pinto beans, or kidney beans, or even garbanzo beans for a nice change of pace. By the way, any chili recipe really combines already cooked ingredients. Cooking blends together and enhances the individual flavors. The weather is starting to cool off now and this is a easy chili recipe for the crock pot.