Tomato Bruschetta with Capers. Olive Oil, Parsley, And Bread Is All You Need To Make This Easy Appetizer. Bruschetta, or grilled bread, is a crisper, more flavorful alternative to American garlic bread. Here it's topped with a combination of tomatoes and capers.
This Italian bruschetta recipe is colorful and elegant, and has distinct tangy flavor that will leave your guests craving more. The tomato mixture consists of diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, capers, fresh chopped parsley and basil, Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper, For the pungent tomato sauce with capers and vinegar. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about five minutes. You can have Tomato Bruschetta with Capers using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Bruschetta with Capers
- It’s 1 loaf of Italian Bread.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 clove of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 4 of Diced Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Diced Capers.
- You need 1 of Drizzle Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
Stir in the tomatoes, basil sprig, capers, salt and pepper. The Bruschetta; Cut the tomatoes into quarters, then with your thumb push the seeds and juices out. Next, dice the tomatoes, place in a medium-sized bowl. Next, add the minced garlic, capers, oregano, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
Tomato Bruschetta with Capers instructions
- Slice the bread about one inch thick and toast the bread under the broiler until lightly browned..
- Combine the garlic and olive oil and brush over one side of the bread. Place under broiler for just a minute..
- Gently blend the tomatoes, basil, capers, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread over the bread. Broil for about 30 seconds to heat..
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bruschetta Topped With Tomatoes and Capers. This quick and easy Italian favorite is topped with a savory blend of tomatoes, garlic,basil and capers. Coarsely chop capers to release flavor, just give then a whack with the side of a chef's knife before adding to tomato mixture. Tomato Caper Mediterranean Bruschetta Save Share Print A blend of chopped tomatoes, Italian herbs, capers and crushed red pepper on toasted French bread slices makes a light and flavorful appetizer.