Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup. Slice about three strips of chicken per bowl, layer the bottom of the bowl with zucchini noodles and then pour some broth in about level to the noodles. Next, add in the Mirepoix, and top off with the chicken. See great recipes for Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup too!
Heat oil, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour until completely coated. Thanks to zucchini noodles, now you can have your pasta and enjoy it too! You can have Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter (Unsalted).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Ground Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Grillin Mates Mesquite BBQ seasoning.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Lemon, zested and juiced.
- It’s of Mirepoix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Onion sliced (long strips).
- It’s 3 of Celery (chopped 1/4” pieces).
- Prepare 3 of Carrots, Shredded thinly.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 1.5 of Zucchini’s (spiraled).
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
I replaced the pasta for zucchini "pasta" and used lots of sliced bell peppers to make this dish as healthy and light as possible. The chicken is first tossed with lots of Cajun spices and pan seared until tender. The bell peppers and garlic are then added. The ultimate comfort food… Chicken Noodle Soup!
Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup step by step
- In a skillet on low heat, melt butter. Added carrots, celery, and onion. Stir occasionally until translucent. The point of Mirepoix is to bring out the flavors in the veggies, rather than browning (sauté)..
- Meanwhile pat dry both sides of the chicken to remove outer juices, and season both sides and rubbing it into the meat..
- Heat another skillet medium-high heat. Add in oil to coat. Place in chicken and do not move for 6-8min. About halfway through, add in butter and let it froth. Coat the top of the chicken with a spoon (saucing). Flip (it may look slightly burnt, but that’s the goal). Continue to sauce the other side until about 165°-170° for at least 6min. Remove and let rest..
- In same skillet, reduce heat and let zucchini noodles (patted dry and salted) sauté for about 3min. Add chicken broth and let simmer..
- Slice about three strips of chicken per bowl, layer the bottom of the bowl with zucchini noodles and then pour some broth in about level to the noodles. Next, add in the Mirepoix, and top off with the chicken. Finally, squeeze a 1/4 wedge of lime lime over the chicken, and top it with some lime zest..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
We used homemade egg noodles as a super special way to make this soup over-the-top amazing! If you love soups be sure to try my Cheeseburger Soup, French Onion Soup, Loaded Potato Soup, and Lasagna Soup!. I definitely consider this recipe one of the ultimate comfort foods. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.