Vegan kimchi. Kimchi is a fermented, salty, spicy Korean condiment made from cabbage and a variety of seasonings. While traditional kimchi recipes call for fish sauce, we have officially created this delicious vegan version that you will love! This time, vegan kimchi that's as good as the traditional version!
Vegan Kimchi – Tangy and delicious, this addicting kimchi recipe is made with cabbage, apple, green onion, gochugaru, garlic and ginger, and is a flavorful side or condiment that is easy to make! In a small sauce pan, add water, dried shiitake and seaweed. Kimchi fried rice is my kids' favourite way to eat kimchi. You can cook Vegan kimchi using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan kimchi
- It’s 1 of large Napa Cabbage.
- You need of Diacon radish.
- You need 1 bunch of green onion.
- It’s 1 of whole garlic bulb.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sea salt.
- Prepare of Korean red chili flake gogogun or paste.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of corn starch (make a slurry).
Try a traditional pork belly kimchi soup. Add the kimchi paste and mix all together by hand (wear disposable gloves if you like). Transfer to an airtight container or glass jars. Press down the on the kimchi so it's well packed and no air can get inside, then put the lid on the container.
Vegan kimchi step by step
- Take cabbage and take a part and fill sink with cold water emerge cabbage. In a huge bowl drain cabbage. Put sea salt all over cabbage mix and lightly push on the leafs (so you hear the membrane breaks) set aside with a towel over top for 4 hours.
- Rinse cabbage drain chop in 1 inch pieces same with diacon radish.
- Mix in another bowl the Korean chili flake, (put on gloves this chili will burn and stain)garlic green onion, corn starch. Mix in red chili mixture together. (it should be red smells spicy and garlicky you can put less or more of the chili mixture) up to your taste..
- Put this in containers with lids that snap like Tupperware or Mason jar. Let set in refrigerator for a week or eat that day..
Ferment the kimchi: You can serve the kimchi right away, sprinkled with sesame seeds. They all use napa cabbages that we can find very easily in many stores these days. Comeback for NEW Easy & Fun Asian Recipes Every Friday!! Vegan kimchi doesn't use shrimp brine. Shrimp brine helps produce a strong umami flavor.