Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions. Nestle sausages on top — or go with bratwurst for more traditional flair, but Italian is also great — then walk away. (Image credit: Joe Lingeman ) The next time you open up the slow cooker, the sausages will be tender and the peppers and onions meltingly sweet with a hint of beer in the background. Crockpot Sausage and Peppers – Tasty Italian sausage is simmered in the crockpot with marinara sauce, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning! This sausage and peppers makes for an easy weeknight dinner served in a hoagie roll or over pasta – it's also perfect to make a big batch of for game day!
These Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers are so tasty and incredibly flavorful and simple to make. Italian sausage, peppers, onions and seasoning. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. You can cook Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- It’s 1 of large pack hot or sweet Italian sausages.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, sliced.
- You need 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 15 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1-24 ounce of bottle of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s Dash of black pepper.
The opinions and text are all mine. Slow Cooker Italian sausage, peppers, and onions simmers for hours to create one simple meal that is delicious served over pasta, crusty bread, or potatoes. Mom to Mom Nutrition Katie Serbinski, M. D., is a registered dietitian and millennial mom, blogging about healthy recipes, child and mom nutrition, and motherhood.
Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions step by step
- Boil your sausages in a large pot for 45 minutes……
- Drain water from sausages…..I let mine get a little bit browned in the pan after draining the water……
- Add to crockpot : drained sausages, green peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and pasta sauce, stir until sausages are fully coated……
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours… Stirring occasionally…….
- Serve on hot dog buns or hoagie rolls and enjoy 😉!!!.
Add the sausage to the crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. Serve the sausages with peppers and some of the sauce on hoagie rolls. I think every Italian family makes this dish, with slight variations of course, within their own family traditions. While this is a fairly standard way of making sausage and peppers, my family uses olive oil rather than butter, uses little or no herbs (fresh basil is always nice here), red wine rather than white, and some crushed or diced canned tomatoes, or marinara sauce. I have an everyday Italian recipe for you today!