Vegetarian egg rolls. Roll wrapper over filling, tucking in the ends after the first roll. Chinese egg rolls are some of the most popular appetizers ordered at Asian restaurants, and go great with a variety of entrees such as beef and broccoli and tofu stir fry. They typically come with ground pork, which is fine and well, but rarely come in vegetarian versions.
Step Two: Fill the Egg Rolls with the Vegetable Filling. Step Three: Place egg rolls seam side down on baking sheet. Step Four: Brush egg rolls with an egg wash to help egg rolls crisp up as they bake. You can cook Vegetarian egg rolls using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian egg rolls
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 of the wonton wrapper receipe on my profile.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil fir frying.
- It’s 1 cup of oil for frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of red or green chili, minced (omit for mild egg rolls).
- It’s 6 of fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced and chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Chinese cabbage OR regular "white" cabbage, sliced or shredded into thin matchstick-length pieces.
- It’s 3 of spring (green) onions, sliced lengthwise into matchstick-length pieces.
- You need 2 of eggs (vegans can omit the egg, or substitute 1/4 cup soft tofu).
- You need 3 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- It’s of STIR-FRY SAUCE.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce OR vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese food stores), or substitute soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
Step Five: Bake Egg rolls until browned and crispy. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll. Lightly wet the exposed with your fingertip and continue rolling to seal the egg roll. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
Vegetarian egg rolls step by step
- Mix all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup. Set aside..
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil around the pan, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance..
- Add the mushrooms plus 1 Tbsp. wine or cooking wine. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add more wine whenever wok/pan becomes dry..
- Add the cabbage and spring onions, continuing to stir-fry in the same way for another 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage has softened slightly..
- Push ingredients to the side of your wok or frying pan. Break the egg(s) into the space you have made, then quickly stir (like making scrambled eggs). When most of the egg is cooked, mix it up with the other ingredients. Vegans can also add the tofu now..
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry briefly – about 1 minute, allowing the bean sprouts to stay crisp..
- Remove from heat and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add some more fish sauce (or salt for vegans) to adjust the flavor..
- Place filling into wonton dough and roll shut. Use small amount of water to seal. Dried is better..
- Continue rolling in this way until all the filling has been used up. As you work, place finished rolls on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out..
- Place 1 cup (or more) oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. When oil starts to form thin moving lines across the bottom of the pan, turn down heat slightly..
- Dip a corner of one egg roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle/bubble and cook, the oil is ready. If nothing happens, allow oil to heat up a little longer..
- When oil is ready, carefully slide egg rolls in, or place them in oil with tongs. Allow to cook 1 minute (or until golden brown) then use tongs to turn and cook the other side..
- Place cooked egg rolls on a clean cloth or paper towel to drain..
- Eat warm. Also good reheated so can be prepared in advanced..
Use shredded chicken or pork, if you like. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and wrappers. Egg Roll Recipe @ https://sites.google.com/site/eggrollsrecipe/ Make Perfect Restaurant Style Vegetable Egg Rolls-Chinese Food Recipes with Cabbage, Carrots,.