Pepperoni pizza pasta bake. Then you'll love this simple pasta bake which has all the flavours of the famous topping. We've used oregano, pepperoni, mozzarella and passata and poured over rigatoni pasta. Boil pasta according to package, drain and add to a bowl.
Pour out into your casserole dish and pat down evenly. Since the pasta cooks twice, first on the stovetop and then in the oven, overcooking can be a problem if it boils for too long. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. You can cook Pepperoni pizza pasta bake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
- You need 16 oz of dry rigatoni pasta.
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of peeled San marzno tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (28 Oz) of tomato puree.
- You need of Pepperoni.
- You need of Mozzarella shredded cheese divided.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Basil.
- It’s of Oregon.
- It’s of Onion powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder or Minced garlic.
- It’s of 2 cups chicken stock for making in an instant pot only and one cup of water.
- Prepare of For seasoning they are made to taste a pinch of this a dash of that.
Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese. Cook pasta in generously-salted water until al dente according to package instructions.; While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake step by step
- Cook rigatoni’s pasta to box Directions..
- In a big bowl combine all ingredients except the cheese and pepperoni and add the rigatoni pasta,mix… then spary a 13×9 baking dish. pour pasta mixture in baking dish…. crush the tomatoes before topping with some cheese cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts..
- NOTES- the tomatoes need to be crushed, I made mine in an pressure cooker so iam not sure where you crush them but you don’t want big tomatoes).
- For cooking in the instant pot- add all ingredient except the cheese and pepperoni… cook for 6 mins under pressure. Spary a 13×9 baking dish After you release the pressure mix it and crush the tomatoes and remove any pasta that burned and stuck to the bottom then add the pasta mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts. top with pepperoni and cheese cook in the oven uncovered at 400 till the pepperoni is done and cheese has melted. This won’t take long as the cheese melts as you put it on just want to brown it some..
- Sever with salad or garlic bread.
- I didn’t have chicken broth so I used 2 bouillon cubes with 2 cups of water..
- Notes- my pasta burned and stuck to the bottom. I recommend not doing this in an instant pot or pressure cooker. My pictures look different because my pressure cooker as an air fryer lid as well so I didn’t need to put mine in the oven, if anyone was wondering why mine looks so different..
Add in the pasta and gently mix until fully coated. Pour the pasta into a casserole dish and cover with the shredded cheese. Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and place remaining pepperoni slices on top. Check out this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake recipe from our friends at Prego®. For more ways to use Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, check out.