Vegan Sausage Patties. Quality products from the family company you trust: Johnsonville Sausages. When I eat veggie burgers, I only like the ones that actually taste like vegetables — not the ones that try to mimic the flavor and texture of meat. The same goes for meatless sausage.
In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed). Spicy vegan breakfast sausage patties made with oats. Hearty, smoky, savory, spicy, and gluten-free! You can cook Vegan Sausage Patties using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Sausage Patties
- It’s 1/2 cup of TVP.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oat or wheat bran.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground flax seeds, optional.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 dash of or two of cayenne, optional.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of blackstrap molasses.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
The perfect addition to any breakfast. I mentioned in my very first post on Shane & Simple, I'm a bit nostalgic. And, when fall rolls around it's more intense. Fall means flannel shirts; football on Saturdays; a hot cup of coffee on a crisp.
Vegan Sausage Patties instructions
- Stir together TVP and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes..
- Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate..
- In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed)..
- Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well..
- With your hands, form mixture into ½" thick patties..
- Heat a quarter inch of oil in a cast iron pan..
- When oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden..
- Repeat last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary..
- Serve hot..
Even before I cut out meat, breakfast sausage was less than desirable. Weird, chewy, hard bits hidden inside, super greasy, made from who knows what animal body part. So, if you're seeking a vegan sausage that resembles the texture and mouth-feel of the real thing, it's not this recipe. Vegan breakfast sausage patties that aren't mushy, don't fall apart, and have the flavor and texture of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, only these are meat-free! After a lot of testing different combinations of ingredients, we've finally created a plant-based sausage.