Healthy Enchilada Skillet. Shredded chicken, black beans, corn tortillas, diced peppers, light sour cream, and cheese all mixed together in a skillet and topped with cilantro and avocado. Chicken Enchilada Skillet One Pot Recipe. If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and.
I used my homemade enchilada sauce which I usually double and keep in the freezer because it's so dang good, but you can use jarred if you wish!. I've been holding out on you. It seemed generous, but the truth is, I left one very important Mexican chicken recipe off the list: Chicken Enchilada Skillet. You can cook Healthy Enchilada Skillet using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Enchilada Skillet
- It’s 2 of zucchini diced.
- You need 1 of yellow squash diced.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can corn drained.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can black beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion diced.
- You need 4 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 4 of green onion, cilantro, or avocado for garnish.
Seriously such a tasty Mexican dinner recipe with chicken! Rotisserie chicken is simmered in enchilada sauce and salsa, then sliced tortillas are stirred in cooked until they become nice and soft. Test the seasonings of the enchilada skillet; add more salt and seasonings to taste (if needed). Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Healthy Enchilada Skillet step by step
- Brown ground turkey with the diced onion on medium heat..
- Add yellow squash and zucchini when turkey is almost done, cook for 10 min..
- Cut tortillas into small strips, add to pan with corn, beans, enchilada sauce, and spices..
- Cook another 4-5 min, cover with cheese top with green onion, cilantro, or avacado and serve..
Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook remaining beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well.