Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti). An authentic Italian antipasti recipe is supposed to waken your taste buds and can be served hot or cold. They often consist of cured meats, deliciously warm ciabatta and seasonal vegetables like olives, peppers, capers, mushrooms or artichoke hearts. The BEST chopped Italian antipasto salad recipe!
Make it for a party, picnic or just lunch! Although this is called a salad, it may be served as an appetizer or "antipasto" meaning "before the main dish." You see, in Italy, salad is eaten after the main course. The recipe for this salad comes from one of my favorite Trattoria's in Florence Italy, it's a signature dish of Trattoria Garga (appropriately called "Insalata del Garga" ). You can cook Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti) using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti)
- Prepare of salad.
- You need 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- You need 1 packages of campari tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 packages of baby cucumbers, sliced.
- It’s 1 can of large black or kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1 dozen of bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls).
- It’s 1 cup of diced pepperoni.
- It’s 1/4 lb of sliced capicola ham, cut into strips.
- You need 6 of whole peperoncini peppers (optional).
- You need of dressing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of good olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Progresso garlic wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 envelope of Sweet n' Low.
Peppery in-season arugula topped with tomatoes, hearts of palm, avocado, toasted pine-nuts , and paper-thin shavings of Parmesan cheese. A light drizzle of olive oil and a splash of lemon complete this super easy to. Try this easy paleo antipasto salad recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. Start to finish it takes just a few minutes—including the simple homemade Italian dressing.
Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti) instructions
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large salad bowl or on a family size platter..
- Whisk together dressing ingredients vigorously. Drizzle on salad. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving..
This is one of my favorite no-cook weeknight meals. A little slicing and a quick shake of the dressing ingredients, and dinner is ready. Antipasto salad is hearty and full of flavor—perfect when you don't want to turn on the stove. Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.