10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. This Vegan Lentil Soup recipe is so incredibly easy to make using very basic pantry staple ingredients! This lentil soup recipe is packed with plant-based protein, low-fat, oil-free and is simple to make, not to mention loaded with delicious flavor!
Today's recipe covers all of the needs of perfect meal: healthy, hearty, flavorful! It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but also can be eaten again for work lunches or sent in a thermos for your kids at school. Sweet potatoes compliment this curry lentil soup very well. You can cook 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
- Prepare of Base vegetables.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of small shallots, diced.
- Prepare 4 of large carrots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 of celery stalks, thinly sliced.
- It’s to taste of Sea salt and black pepper,.
- It’s of Add later vegetables.
- Prepare 3 cups of baby potatoes.
- Prepare of Soup base.
- It’s 4 cups of broth.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need of Add later vegetables.
- Prepare 2 cups of kale, chopped.
I use full fat coconut milk for this curried lentil soup. It makes the soup very creamy and smooth. This vegan curry lentil soup doesn't require blending since red lentils fall apart while cooking. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup instructions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add water (or oil), garlic, shallots/onion (optional), carrots, and celery. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic (turn heat down if it’s cooking too quickly.).
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Add broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender..
- Add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes more to wilt. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor, vegetable broth if it’s become too thick, or herbs for earthy flavor..
- Enjoy as is or serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or a side of flatbread or rolls (links above). I love garnishing mine with a little fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness (optional)..
Recipe PDF Vegan, gluten-free, one-pot, nut-free, soy-free. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Yukon gold potatoes, bay leaf, tomato paste, lentils, and vegetable stock and stir to combine. Open the lid, and mix in the greens. Add some cayenne and lime juice.