Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata. In this Sicilian caponata recipe, eggplant is cooked with celery, tomatoes, olives, and capers for a delicious hot relish or cold appetizer. All Reviews for Eggplant Caponata (Sicilian Version). This Eggplant Caponata is a delicious Italian relish made with eggplant, onions, garlic, tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, raisins, capers, and parsley.
The flavor-boosting secret is in the grilling! Serve it as a healthy vegan appetizer Eggplant Caponata! Everything is in season right now to make this tasty Sicilian recipe- which can be served as a tasty appetizer, as a simple side. You can have Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata
- Prepare 2 of eggplants, peeled, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of heaping tablespoons stuffed spanish olives(with some juice from the olive jar).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 can (6 ounce) of tomato paste.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Sicilian favorite eggplant caponata is best known as an appetizer, but it can also hold its own as a side dish or even a main course. Red wine vinegar balances the slight sweetness of this classic eggplant caponata, featuring eggplant, raisins, tomatoes, olives, and capers. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Easy eggplant caponata recipe for the famous Italian vegetable dish that you can serve both warm and cold.
Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata step by step
- Place your peeled and cut up eggplant and sliced onions inside a crockpot…….
- Now add your minced garlic……
- Next add your cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup and diced tomatoes, mix lightly…….
- Now add your spanish olives, oregano and black pepper, mix lightly…….
- Next add the crushed red pepper,balsamic vinegar and tomato paste, mix all well…..
- Cook on Low for 8 hours, stirring lightly once every 2 hours if possible, if you can’t, don’t worry about it !!!! 😉.
- Serve over pasta of your choice topped with Parmesan cheese and enjoy 😉!!!.
Wanna make Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata? My name is Corrie and I am here to help! Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish which is typical of Sicily and Southern Regions in general. It is made with eggplants and tomatoes and it can be served both as a side dish or an appetizer. How to Make Eggplant Caponata – Sans the Soggy Eggplant!