Slow Cooker Curry Chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Combine the coconut milk, curry, turmeric and cayenne; pour over chicken. Put the chicken and all the ingredients for the curry, except the cream and fresh coriander, into the slow cooker pot and give it a good stir.
Breasts: I recommend chicken thighs for this recipe because they don't dry out and retain their juiciness in the slow cooker. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe. If you insist on using chicken breasts, keep them whole and once the curry is cooked, use a fork to shred the chicken in the slow cooker. You can have Slow Cooker Curry Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1 (13.5 oz) of can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut up into 2 inch pieces.
This simple made-from-scratch slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious! Cooked in the Crock Pot to intensify the heat and flavour. Everyone loves a good take-out curry, but homemade chicken curry is something special. Even more so if you raid that spice cabinet and make everything from scratch.
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Then add the carrots and ginger into the pot, cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to the pot and cook everything together for another 5 minutes..
- Put the chicken into the slow cooker, then pour the curry sauce on top of it. Stir together. Close the lid, put the temperature to low, and set the timer to six hours..
- After three hours, take off the lid, stir for about a minute, then replace the lid and let cook for another three hours..
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is made with coconut milk, chicken breasts, an easy curry powder seasoning blend and sweet potatoes. This Crock-Pot Indian curry is healthy, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner when served with rice. Morsels of chicken breast are slow-cooked in a creamy coconut curry with potatoes and red bell pepper. Raisins and flaked coconut add texture and sweetness to this rich dish.