Baked Potatoes in Slow Cooker. Discover A New Slow Cooker Meal With McCormick® Slow Cooker Sauces. Prick the potatoes with a fork several times, then rub potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap tightly in foil. When I need a lot of baked potatoes without the fuss, I cook them in a slow cooker.
Wrap each potato tightly in foil and put in the pan of a slow cooker, in one even layer if possible. Prick the potatoes with a fork several times, then rub potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap tightly in foil. It's a cinch to jazz up instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve them from a slow cooker. You can have Baked Potatoes in Slow Cooker using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Potatoes in Slow Cooker
- Prepare 10 of medium-sized potatoes (slightly bigger than a chicken egg, I think?).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground white pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil (I use sunflower oil mixed with 1 tsp garlic paste).
- It’s of Topping: 200 gr cheddar (cubed), 100 gr beef bacon, 1/2 cup of sliced leeks.
For a special touch, sprinkle the perfect-for-party time potatoes with chopped fresh chives, canned french-fried onions or fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Here are some extremely delicious potato recipes that you can cook in the slow cooker. Potato is one of those vegetables that work well in the slow cooker. The long cook times help ensure that by the time you're ready to eat, the potatoes are cooked perfectly..
Baked Potatoes in Slow Cooker instructions
- Wash and scrub potatoes until really clean. Make small holes on potatoes using a fork..
- Coat the potatoes with the mixture of salt, white pepper, and oil. Put them inside a slow cooker..
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours..
- I diced them and add the topping on top of the potatoes..
I was worried the crock pot baked potatoes would be too mushy and lack the fluffiness I love most in classic baked potatoes, but I was thrilled with the results. The potatoes could not have been easier to prep, the cooking process was completely hands-off, and making the potatoes in the slow cooker left my oven free for greater endeavors (ahem. Since we live and travel in our RV year round when a meal calls for baked potatoes the slow cooker is the way to go. I agree the low and slow setting is the best way to go. When going to a potluck this is a great item to bring.