Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. Using a slow cooker makes preparing this chicken chili with black beans, Cannellini beans, and sour cream as easy as you'd like! This creamy and mildly spicy slow cooker chicken chili is our family's staple dinner recipe. I make it at least a dozen times over the colder months.
Add second can of beans and all remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir to combine. Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. You can have Slow Cooker Chicken Chili using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Prepare 1 of – Green pepper,chopped.
- You need 1 of – Medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 of – Medium Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can of chopped green chillies, undrained.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. optional; can sub w 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can of fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
Stir in chicken stock, green chiles, beans, onion, garlic, cumin and oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks. This easy slow cooker chicken chili is relatively light and low-calorie compared to the classic beef or pork chili. Boneless chicken breasts and a variety of canned beans make the chili super easy and convenient.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili step by step
- Add chopped pepper and onion to bottom of 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add chopped jalapeno too, if using..
- Combine chili powder,paprika,salt and Cheyenne (or pepper) in a small bowl and mix well..
- Season the chicken breasts with half the seasoning mixture. Then place on top of the peppers,onions and jalapeno in the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and one cup of chicken broth to the slow cooker, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours..
- When the cook time is up transfer the chicken breasts from the slow cooker to a cutting board and add beans to the slow cooker. If the chili is to thick add the extra broth to get the right consistency..
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces. (Or alternatively you can shred it) Return chicken to slow cooker and store to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Enjoy :).
If you prefer to cook the chili on the stovetop, see the tips below the recipe. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is perfect for busy weeks!