Chinese Chicken & Mushroom. Order from a Wide Selection of Kingwood Restaurants and Satisfy Your Hunger. Chicken is one of the most popular ingredients in Chinese cuisine. Chinese people use all parts of the chicken—including the feet and even the crown—to make some really delicious dishes.
Think chilli chicken, dimsums, spring rolls, and chowmein. How we have loved our plateful of these mind-numbing delights hailing from the neighboring country, these loved. This Chinese Chicken is the chicken version of Chinese Barbecue Pork. You can have Chinese Chicken & Mushroom using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken & Mushroom
- You need 500 g of Diced Chicken (or Beef).
- It’s 30 ml of Sunflower Oil.
- Prepare 15 ml of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 of Onion, finely diced.
- You need 250 g of Chestnut Mushrooms (Chopped).
- You need 1/2 of Bulb Garlic (Crushed).
- It’s 1 inch of fresh Ginger peeled and finely chopped/minced.
- Prepare 200 g of Tenderstem Broccoli Heads only, or 100g if using stalk too.
- Prepare 75 g of Sugarsnap Peas (each cut into 3).
- It’s 300 ml of Chicken Stock.
- You need 30 ml of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of natural Maple Syrup (or alternative sweetener of choice).
- Prepare 3 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Chilli (finely chopped).
- Prepare 200 ml of Cold Water.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cornflour.
- You need Knob of Butter.
The marinade is slightly adjusted to make it more suitable for chicken – mainly less sugar because there's more surface area with chicken so I find the pork Char Siu marinade a bit too sweet and also easier to cook on the BBQ/stove without burning the marinade. This classic Chinese dish typically consists of an entire chicken and a cup each of three essential Chinese condiments: rice wine, light soy sauce and toasted sesame oil (thus the "three cup" name). Here, Ching uses just a pound of chicken thigh meat, so only a quarter cup of each ingredient is required. It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and orange zest.
Chinese Chicken & Mushroom step by step
- Gently fry together the Chicken and Onions in the Oil until cooked and lightly browned..
- Add Mushrooms & Ginger, fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add Stock and Garlic..
- Add Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice), Vinegar, Red Pepper & Chilli. Gently simmer..
- Meanwhile, Blanch/Par-boil Broccoli & Sugarsnap Peas.
- Add strained Peas and Broccoli..
- Combine Cold Water with Cornflour and stir in to the other ingredients. Remove from heat when thickened and stir in the butter to add shine..
- Serve with Rice or Noodles of your choice (I always use the brown rice varieties)..
- For future recipes, you can play about with the ingredients and create your own unique dish according to your own personal preference! Possibly adjusting the quantity of Chilli, Garlic, Syrup, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper etc..
- I don't eat sugar if I can help it but if eating sugar doesn't bother you, you can replace the Maple Syrup with 25g sugar.
Add chicken pieces to the batter and cover them using a fork and allow excess to drip off. Heat the peanut oil in a wok until medium high. Add chicken to hot oil and fry until crispy in wok. Drain chicken on paper towel and keep warm in oven. Repeat until all chicken has been fried.