Pork Tips and Onions over White Rice. Smothered pork chops with onion gravy over rice is hearty comfort food that doesn't need much in the way of sides. Cornbread and corn muffins are always tasty partners with anything that features pork. Or substitute French or sourdough bread for a milder flavor.
Sign up for the Recipe of the Day newsletter to receive editor-picked recipes, tips and videos. I made use of a variation of my star anise and coffee spice mix ( [link] ) for this. Stir mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and white wine together in a slow cooker; add pork tenderloin tips and stir to coat, making sure to separate the pieces Drank the other half while slow cooking on high. You can have Pork Tips and Onions over White Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Tips and Onions over White Rice
- Prepare of Pork Bottom Butt Roast, sliced and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 of Yellow Onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 Cups of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water, plus 6 more for rice.
- You need 1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Black Pepper,.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Onion Powder.
- It’s 3 Cups of White Rice.
- Prepare 1 Bag of Brussel Sprouts, halved.
- Prepare 2 of Tbsps. Butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
Sunday Dinner: Cube Steak smothered in onions & sweet peppers, rice, Lima Beans& Cornbread! Ladle the braised pork over rice with some sauce. Highly recommend using deep-fried shallots/onions instead pan-fried. It's the most key ingredient for making this Any brand of the shaoxing rice wine is fine, as long as they are not the clear one (white rice wine).
Pork Tips and Onions over White Rice instructions
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the cubed up Pork chunks and sliced onion. In a small bowl mix together the beef broth, water, onion powder, salt and pepper, and gravy mix til combined and pour over meat and onion. Turn cooker on High and cook for 3-4hours, stirring ever so often..
- While cooker is going in large pot add the rice and 6 cups of water and add 1Tbsp. Salt. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Once to a boil turn heat to medium low n let simmer til rice is tender, stirring often. Then set aside n keep warm..
- In another large pot add the brussel sprouts and some water to cover then add 1tsp. salt. Bring to a boil and cook til tender. Drain and add the butter and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix til combined. Set aside til ready to serve..
- Check meat to see if it's tender. If so turn down to keep warm. To serve: add a couple spoonfuls of rice… Add some of the pork tips and onions over rice with some of the sauce… Then serve with the brussel sprouts. Enjoy..
Sauteed apples and onion combine in this pork-chop dish for a tastiness that never "This pork chop dish was one of the first my eldest son requested the recipe for when Serve the chops over rice or mashed potatoes with a large spoonful of the apple-onion. I love to serve rice as a side dish, but I have a confession to make, I ALWAYS burn the rice when I make it on the stove top. So I decided to give it a try in my slow cooker and boy was I pleasantly surprised that it came out fantastically perfect. Arrange apples, onion, and herbs in the pan with maple syrup. Large chunks of apples and onion hold their shape when roasted.