Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad. Browse Our Fast & Easy Appetizers Recipes Collection. Packed with protein and fiber, this tuna and bean salad is ready in a flash. For an extra kick, add a pinch of crushed red pepper or cayenne.
I chose to make a Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad with my Ocean Naturals Skipjack Tuna. I wanted to stay far away from anything that was loaded in mayonnaise to keep this as healthy as I possibly could. This salad is served on a bed of fresh greens which helps keep the carbohydrates out of the recipe. You can have Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad
- Prepare 1 of 15- to 19-ounce can beans, such as chickpeas, black-eyed peas or kidney beans, rinsed.
- It’s 2 of 5- to 6-ounce cans water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note).
- It’s 1 large of red bell pepper, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley, divided.
- It’s 4 tsp of capers, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice, divided.
- You need 4 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 of Freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 8 cup of mixed salad greens.
How to make Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. To make the zesty mustard vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, lime zest, and lime juice. Add the olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper, and crushed pepper flakes (if using), and whisk again until well-blended. Mediterranean Antipasto Tuna Salad recipe presented by Hannaford Supermarket.
Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad instructions
- Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, onion, parsley, capers, rosemary, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper..
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil and salt in a large bowl..
- Add salad greens; toss to coat..
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad..
Nutrition facts and printable recipes available. Add salad greens; toss to coat. Top each with the tuna salad. Add salad greens; toss to coat. Top each with the tuna salad.