How To Cook Thai Red Rice. Thai red rice is a a type of whole-grain rice with red-colored bran on the exterior of its kernel. Heat oil in a big pot and fry the rinsed rice in it. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
It's best to soak it for a bit before cooking, some may say cook it a little longer than white rice as it takes longer to cook cause of the hull. When cooked, this type of rice has a nutty smell (unlike Jasmine rice which has a somewhat floral smell). Extra Notes on Cooking Red Rice. You can cook How To Cook Thai Red Rice using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of How To Cook Thai Red Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of thai red rice.
- It’s 2 cup of water (please don't use the soaking water!).
- You need 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
If you want to know how to cook perfect rice on the stove top, check out this video How to cook perfect Thai jasmine rice without a rice cooker. Thai Food and Travel breaks down sticky rice science: "If steamed or boiled the same way as regular rice, the grains will break down and become soft and mushy in consistency. Instead, Thai people like to cook it in such a way that the rice grains remain whole and have a firm, chewy texture. This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home!
How To Cook Thai Red Rice instructions
- Put dry rice into a bowl and fill with tap water. Let soak for an hour.
- Then, rinse rice and discard the soaking water.
- In a pot, heat oil over high heat and add rice. Fry for a minute.
- Then add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil (covered partially with a lid).
- Then add salt, cover and cook until rice is soft (it should take up to 45 minutes but mine took only 28) and all liquid is absorbed. If liquid is absorbed but rice isn't cooked, feel free to add more water.
- Take off heat but keep covered for 10 minutes.
- I serve my rice with this 🙂 Enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339479-easy-leek-and-bacon-red-rice.
It's much tastier than takeout and healthier Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper Thai red curry was superb. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Then reduce the heat to medium and cook until you can see the rice grain starting to rise above the water. Then cover with a lid that is slightly ajar to let some of the steam escape. This Thai Red Curry Soup recipe is super delicious and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and Noodles or rice: We typically use either rice noodles or brown rice when making this soup recipe.