Vegan enchiladas. STEP: Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper mixture to the mashed beans. STEP: Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish.
For the sauce: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. These mild- to moderate-heat enchiladas will change your life! You can cook Vegan enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan enchiladas
- You need 1 tablespoon of avocado (or olive) oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
- You need 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped zucchini.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped yellow squash.
- You need 8 of organic corn tortillas.
- It’s of Vegan green sauce or salsa.
A delicious homemade Enchilada Sauce smothers a sweet potato, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, and black bean filling wrapped in soft tortillas. Vegetarian potato and pinto bean enchiladas smothered in tomatillo salsa and queso fresco. Make it as spicy as you like with the addition of jalapenos to either, or both, sauce and filling. Enchiladas are the perfect food if you ask me.
Vegan enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Chop veggies and mix in oil, garlic and seasonings of your choice (I used salt, pepper and Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute), then spread veggies out onto a baking sheet..
- Roast veggies for 30-40 minutes (depending on preference), I like my veggies slightly charred.
- Once veggies are roasted remove, set aside and lower oven temp to 350..
- Fill warmed/softened organic corn tortillas with veggie filling and cooked black beans (I like Trader Joe’s canned Cuban black beans)..
- Top enchiladas with green sauce or salsa of your choice. Good Foods Avocado salsa works perfect.
- Bake enchiladas for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve enchiladas with brown rice or desired starch and enjoy.
I know tacos are all the rage these days (for good reason), but don't forget about enchiladas! Corn tortillas are stuffed, rolled and drenched in red sauce and cheese. These really are the best vegan enchiladas, ever. The Best Vegetarian Mexican Enchiladas Recipes on Yummly Place a griddle pan over a high heat to get smoking hot.