1/2 meat Meatloaf. I added about a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce to the meat mixture and sauteed the onions in a little butter and garlic just for a few minutes until the onions were softened. This moist and delectable meat loaf contains ground turkey, ground beef, and pork sausage for flavor and tenderness. Yummy combination of beef, pork, and sausage topped with caramelized tomato soup.
The final shape is either hand-formed on a flat pan or created by cooking it in a loaf pan. Learn how to prepare this Classic Meatloaf recipe like a pro. Use Lean Meat: Use lean beef (but not extra lean). You can have 1/2 meat Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 1/2 meat Meatloaf
- You need 1 tbsp of lite country crock butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 lb of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 lb of super lean ground beef 93/7.
- It’s 1/2 c. of Lowest-cal breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar-free ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
You need a bit of fat for flavor but don't want it swimming in grease so lean beef is the perfect option. Add flavors and moisture: Adding in seasonings and soaking the breadcrumbs in milk keep every bit of this meatloaf flavorful and moist. There's a reason it's a classic. Great taste never goes out of style.
1/2 meat Meatloaf step by step
- Using food processor or your mighty muscles, finely chop 1 lb mushrooms and dice 1/2 onion..
- Put 1 tbsp butter in sauté pan. Once hot, add onions. Salt onions. After onions start to cook, add mushrooms. Salt mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are soft and dark..
- Preheat oven to 375..
- While they cook, beat one egg in a bowl. Add beef. Season with salt and pepper. Add half breadcrumbs. Mix with hands! Add in mushroom/onion mixture and the rest of the breadcrumbs. Mix with spoon-onions/mushrooms are hot!.
- Divide into 6 servings, approx 5.5 ounces each, and shape into little squares..
- Place on foiled sheet pan (no one wants to do meatloaf dishes)..
- Place in 375 degree oven..
- Mix 4 tbsp of sugar-free ketchup and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar in a separate bowl..
- Cook loaves until internal temp of 145. Remove meatloaf and top with half the ketchup mixture..
- Return to oven and cook until internal temp of 160..
- Top with desired amount of ketchup..
- Enjoy! Pictured with cauliflower mash and peas!.
Meatloaf tends to look done on the outside before it's actually ready. And it won't hold together properly unless it's fully cooked! So even if you like a medium rare burger, you DO NOT want a medium-rare meatloaf. Use an instant read meat thermometer and don't pull the. Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever!