Crockpot Beef Ragu. Beef ragu made in the crockpot (slow cooker) and served over pappardelle pasta. This is my go-to meal to serve when company is over or when I want to make a big batch of something to last for several meals throughout the week. In all seriousness though Italian Beef Ragu and Bolognese sauces are twins but not exactly the same.
Crock Pot Beef Ragu Recipe has everything you need for a great dinner in the slow cooker. This dish is loaded with lots of beef, tomatoes, pasta and more for the best meal your family will love. We recently tried this delicious Italian Ragu recipe and it was oh so good! You can have Crockpot Beef Ragu using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Beef Ragu
- Prepare 1 of large pack ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 10 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 box (16 ounce) of pasta.
- It’s of Salt for boiling water.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese for topping.
We love it and the kids love it too. Now, back to the beauty of Crockpot Braised Beef Ragu and Polenta. This is warm, cozy, and saucy. It's tomato-tangy with perfect San Marzano Italian canned tomatoes and richly flavored with red wine, bay leaves, and nice little pinches of basil and oregano.
Crockpot Beef Ragu instructions
- Sauté ground beef in a large pot until browned, drain any fat…….
- Add your 1/2 cup red wine and simmer beef until wine has reduced, about 5 – 10 minutes…….
- Remove ground beef from pot and place in your crockpot……..
- Add to ground beef : onion, green pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, black pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning and basil leaves, stir well……
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally…..
- Meanwhile boil pasta, and don’t forget to add salt to the boiling water !!!.
- When pasta is done place into serving bowls…….
- Stir beef Ragu one more time, then add the heavy cream and mix all well…….
- Serve a heaping portion of beef on top of cooked pasta, then add Parmesan cheese on top…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Pappardelle. I love a good beefy ragu sauce and pappardelle pasta is perfect pasta to pair with it. However, if you have any leftover red wine sitting in the fridge that needs to be used, use that instead!