Crockpot potato soup. For this crockpot potato soup recipe, I like to use a potato masher and mash some of the potatoes. It makes the soup extra thick and creamy. You can leave as many or as few chunks of potatoes as you like.
Crockpot Potato Soup is so easy to make and loaded with real potatoes! This creamy and cheesy potato soup is loaded with flavor and a sure family favorite!. The ultimate comfort food in a bowl! You can cook Crockpot potato soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot potato soup
- It’s 1/2 pack of Bacon.
- You need of Potatoes 6 large.
- Prepare of Chives 3 to 4 or more if u wish.
- You need 1 box of Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare of Heavy cream 8 oz to 10oz depends on your preference.
- You need of Cheddar cheese as much as u wish.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic.
Just throw it all in the crockpot and forget it! During the colder months, I crave all types of creamy and comforting soup recipes. This is often a go-to of mine, as well as broccoli cheddar soup, ham and potato soup, corn chowder and chicken pot pie soup. Notes on Crock Pot Potato Soup.
Crockpot potato soup instructions
- Melt butter n seasoning in pan with a little of the broth.
- Peel cut wash potatoes add chives pepper n salt garlic well minced.
- Add potatoes chives broth about 1/2 the carton.
- Cut n defrost cook bacon till crisp y it will turn softer from crockpot keep some out if u wish to top with it pat w a napkin n add to soup mix.
- Add bacon and additional broth leave about 1/4 in carton.
- Add shreeded cheese about 1/2 cup at a time u till desired amount is reached Add cream about 20 to 30 mins before serving cook u till warm on low or warm setting stirring every 10 mins once it is warm if you wish for it to be more soupy add remaining broth. If u wish for extra cheese or thick add more cream or cheese to your liking.
- Top w additional cheese chives bacon salt pepper enjoy.
However, since this soup has a precooking step and because it has a cream and cheese base, we recommend this stove top safe slow cooker that has a great non-stick surface. The crock can go straight from the browning step on the stove into the slow cooker unit without dirtying another dish and the non-stick surface. In a bowl of a Crock-Pot, combine potatoes, bacon, chicken broth, and thyme. When the weather starts to get chilly, I turn to my plethora of healthy soup and stew recipes for inspiration. Is there a food more perfect than potatoes?