Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup is loaded with pasta bites, vegetables, beans and lean ground beef making this a rich and hearty Italian soup. A perfect, comforting soup for Fall! Italians know just the way to my heart!
I also love this slow cooker because it has a neat timer with satisfying beeping buttons as well as a medium setting for those days where you start your slow cooker at an in-between time. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pasta e Fagioli is a hearty, herb-packed soup with beans, ground beef, and pasta. You can cook Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground Italian sausage.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained & rinsed.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted light red kidney beans, drained & rinsed.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of ditalini pasta.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for topping.
This heartwarming soup is healthy, filling, and the perfect meal for a chilly day! Try our other Olive Garden copycat recipes: this Olive Garden salad or this Zuppa Toscana soup. This slow cooker version is just like what you'd get at your favorite Italian restaurant (not to mention cheaper).. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook until its browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Once its browned, place it on a towel lined plate to drain off some of the grease and set it aside..
- Grease your slow cooker, then add the sausage, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, rinsed beans, crushed tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Give it all a good stir, then pop the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- Once the soup is ready to eat, heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and stir it along with the 1/2 cup grated parmesan into the soup. Then taste the soup and add any additional seasonings you think it needs. That's it!.
This slow cooker pasta e fagioli starts with a pound of dried pinto beans (great northern beans work well too) and a flavorful broth. The dish can be made with or without meat, and you'll often see American adaptations made with ground beef. We prefer pancetta — the salty, dry cured Italian ham, which gives the broth a rich savoriness. That makes me sad, but it is a reality of kids growing up & starting their own lives. So we often resort to making our favorite "restaurant-style" recipes from some of our favorite cookbooks instead.