Pork chops with pan sauce. Let Our Collection Of Easy & Simple Recipes Guide You In The Kitchen. Browse Now Pan seared pork chops are an easy weeknight dinner option. Use your cast iron skillet to make this healthy low carb dinner tonight for your family.
Remove chops to a serving dish. Remove pan from heat; add herbs and butter. Swirl until glossy and smooth; pour over chops and serve right away. You can cook Pork chops with pan sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork chops with pan sauce
- You need 75 ml of maple syrup.
- Prepare 150 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of rib end pork chops, about 3/4 in thick.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple juice.
- You need of Unsalted butter.
This simple pan sauce is perfect for chicken, pork chops and even steak. The key to making this sauce is that you use the juices and the little roasted bits at the bottom of the pan after you've cooked your chicken, steak, chops, or whatever. Then while the pork chops rest you'll make a quick tangy honey mustard sauce to drizzle over the chops. The rich sauce adds flavor and even more moisture to your pork chops.
Pork chops with pan sauce step by step
- Add the maple syrup to a small pot and put it on medium-low heat. Bring it up until you can just see the first tiny bubbles forming beneath the surface (about 10 minutes) and add the cider vinegar. Swirl the pot occasionally while the liquid reduces slightly (don't stir)..
- While you wait for the sauce to reduce, put a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and a small knob of butter. Season the chops with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Sear the chops for 4 minutes then flip. Sear another 3 to 4 minutes on the other side, using a spoon to baste the chops with the frying oil. When they're done, remove the chops to a plate to rest. Turn the pan down to low and remove any excess oil..
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and toss in the shallots. Sweat them for about 1 minute then pour in the the maple/vinegar reduction. Immediately add the apple juice. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan. Let bubble away for 1 to 2 minutes until reduced to a thin syrup (it'll thicken more as it cools). Whisk in another knob of butter as well as a pinch of salt and several course grinds of black pepper, then serve with the chops..
These pan seared pork chops with honey mustard sauce are one of the best meals that I've cooked recently. Don't overcook your pork chops: Pork chops are a very lean cut of meat, and do not take very long to cook through. Scrape the pan to dissolve all the brown stuff on the bottom, and simmer the sauce for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and mix in the mustard. When the sauce isn't bubbling anymore, put in the.