Chicken and Rice. It's Got Chicken, Broccoli And Rice In A Creamy Sauce, And It's On The Table In A Snap! Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Why not–rely on our all-star round-up of popular chicken and rice recipes for creative twists on familiar favorites.
This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. Chicken and rice casseroles are a staple of American cooking. You can have Chicken and Rice using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Rice
- Prepare 2 of bone in skin on chicken breast halves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour (i used gf).
- Prepare 1/4 t of paprika.
- You need 1/2 t of salt.
- It’s 1/8 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of white rice.
- You need 2 cups of broth (i had veg broth, chicken is better).
- It’s 1 Tb of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 t of dried oregano.
- You need 1.5 T of olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare Handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
This version uses cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken to give a rich flavor to a quick school-night dinner when getting your back-to-school routine settled. Added a dash of Paprika Salt and Pepper. and the teenest bit of cumin. Chicken Bog is a South Carolina tradition with lots of variations (think herbs, spices and fresh veggies), but the standard ingredients remain: sausage, chicken and rice. This slow-cooked rendition is a simple take on the classic. — Anna Hanson, Spanish Fork, Utah Chicken and rice make perfect partners for easy, budget-friendly one-dish meals.
Chicken and Rice instructions
- Mix flour and seasonings, heat olive oil in large, deep Skillet (must have lid), dredge dried chicken pieces lightly in flour mixture, and fry chicken in oil several mins on each side till golden then remove from pan and set aside..
- Add rice to hot skillet and brown rice, this took me about 8 mins to get brown. Mix occasionally and scrape chicken bits from bottom of skillet into rice. After rice is browned, add in any finely diced veggies you wish. I usually don't add anything except garlic and onion, but i had carrot and bell pepper i decided to use this time and it made the photo pretty. Add onion and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes..
- Mix tomato paste, oregano and 1/2 t. salt into broth (my broth was unsalted, if you have salty broth Don't add more salt); add broth mixture to pan, mix and bring to boil, add chicken pieces to top of rice, cover, reduce heat to simmer, cook 20-25 mins. Don't overcook rice. Sprinkle with parsley if desired..
With kid-friendly flavors and the possiblity of plenty of leftovers, these meals make great additions to your weeknight rotation as well as becoming wonderful packed lunches the next day. In a small bowl, combine rice and water. In a large bowl, combine the soups, soup mix and peas; stir into rice mixture. Chicken and rice casseroles are a staple of American cooking. This version uses cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken to give a rich flavor to a quick school-night dinner when getting your back-to-school routine settled.