From both sides of the pond, a Cottage Pie.
You can cook From both sides of the pond, a Cottage Pie using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of From both sides of the pond, a Cottage Pie
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆potatoes ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s 5 pounds of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆beef◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 2-1/2 pounds of beef pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Hungarian paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of marjoram.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆green beans◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 1 pound of whole green beans.
- You need 1 teaspoon of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
From both sides of the pond, a Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Microwave the sweet potatoes till done it varies by size so check each one.
- Cut beef into manageable bite sized pieces put into a pan add spices, except salt, add celery salt, and cook with a stick of butter.
- When the beef is mostly browned add the flour.
- Stir in let the raw flour get cooked and coated well on beef..
- It will start sticking on bottom its just about done.
- Add water stirring constantly.
- It will thicken into a very rich gravy.
- Add gravy mixture to an oven safe dish.
- Cook the green beans with 1/2 stick butter. Cook till tender and caramelized. Then chop up into manageable bite sized pieces..
- Put green beans on top of beef gravy mixture.
- Add cheese to top of beans.
- Take the potatoes out their jackets/skins.
- Mash the potatoes and add half a teaspoon salt.
- Add to top of cheese.
- Spread with a fork, bake in oven 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve hope you enjoy! ?.