Thai inspired eggplant stirfry. Add the onion, half of the garlic, chili, and eggplant. Reserve the rest of the garlic for later. Give the seasonings a stir and pour over the eggplant.
Thai chicken and eggplant stir-fry preps and cooks quickly, and serves up a colorful dish. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until almost cooked. You can have Thai inspired eggplant stirfry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai inspired eggplant stirfry
- Prepare 1 large of eggplant-diced.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion-chopped- I used yellow but u may choose according to prefrence.
- You need 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 packages of frozen cauliflower, broccoli, carrot mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tbsp of hoisen sauce.
- It’s 3 tsp of chili sauce – more or less depending on your prefrence in the spicey department.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder, sweet dried basil-feel free to add what you desire here.
Add the eggplant and chilli and stir-fry for another minute. Stir through the fish sauce and oyster sauce. Mix fish sauce, soy, water and brown sugar; set aside. Another one of my favorites is the Garlic Pepper Tofu, Sweet Chili Lime Tofu, Veggie Tofu Stir-Fry, and any of my Thai noodle dishes.
Thai inspired eggplant stirfry step by step
- Im medium saucepan and on medium heat, add a couple tablespoons of evoo.
- Add veggies and a little water to pan. Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine hoisen, soy sauce, chili sauce, cornstarch, water and whisk to combine.
- When vegetables are cooked through, reduce heat to low and pour sauce over top. Stir to combine. Add seasoning and stir to combine..
- Cover and allow the sauce to warm and thicken.
- **note** excellent over brown rice or with added beef, pork or chicken. I intentionally left this sauce and veggie recipe simpke so you can experiment and create your own personilized dish..
I generally try to keep the sauces pretty simple.. as I love tofu and eggplant Thai-style. Stir a few times until fragrant. Add all the eggplant back into the skillet. Heat oil in the wok over a high heat and add the eggplant. Now add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute before adding the sauce and coating eggplant.