Bruschetta Topped Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti squash topped with a warm and robust easy skillet bruschetta. This is so simple, but so delicious! The bruschetta topping is also just as delicious on crustini or over whole wheat/grain pasta.
Bruschetta Chicken with Spaghetti Squash is a wonderful meal full of vegetables. I love spaghetti squash, love it! This recipe has been churning inside for a while now, but I finally got around to making it. You can have Bruschetta Topped Spaghetti Squash using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bruschetta Topped Spaghetti Squash
- It’s 1 medium of Spaghetti Squash.
- You need 3 cup of Tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Red Onion, diced.
- You need 1/4 can of Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon, Juiced.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Extra-virgin olive oil.
I picked up some fresh produce at the farmers market a few weeks ago that included spaghetti squash. See great recipes for Bruschetta Crackers, Bruschetta too! I'm not sure what exactly we did to offend the sun in Milwaukee, but it went on solar strike for nearly two consecutive weeks. By the sixth day of gray skies, my mood began to turn equally gloomy, so I decided to warm things up around the house however I could.
Bruschetta Topped Spaghetti Squash step by step
- Earlier in the day: combine tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp ground pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- An hour before the meal: Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Season the insides with salt and pepper..
- Place halves face-down in a baking dish. Cover with 3/4 cup water. Place dish in the oven for 40 minutes..
- After, use a fork to scrape out the meat of the squash, which looks just like pasta..
- Top with the fresh bruschetta mixture waiting in the fridge!.
I turned on peppy music, cranked up the thermostat, and added homey, comforting recipes such as these cheesy Spaghetti Squash Boats. Turn heat on to medium and add the bruschetta sauce. Roast the spaghetti squash – see my favorite method here. While the squash is baking, prepare the brussels, garlic, chives and basil as directed above, set aside. Save the outer leaves of your brussels for making this delicious snack later.