Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker. Tips: For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner.
I have a brisket in pressure cooker recipe that you and your family is going to love. Yes, I know, there are quite a few recipes already out there on the Internet but let me assure you, mine is a little bit different. Place tomatoes, wine, garlic, olives and rosemary in slow cooker and stir to combine. You can have Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Beef Brisket or London Broil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper or seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of onions, pealed, cut into 1/2 inch lengthwise slices.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, pealed and chopped.
- Prepare 12 oz of white button or cremini mushrooms.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 can of (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of low-sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 lb of baby carrots.
Place brisket on top of tomato mixture and spoon half of tomato mixture over meat to cover. Stack the brisket pieces on the pot,tucking some of vegetables in between meat. Pour in dry red wine,beef broth and strained cooking liquid. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker instructions
- Use a sharp kife to score the "fat cap" of the meat (but do not remove the fat).
- Season the meat on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Select "Browning" and add olive oil to the cooking pot of the pressure cooker. When hot, brown the seasoned beef on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a plate.
- Select "Saute" and add onions and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme and basil. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the drained tomatoes and stock; cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the browned brisket to the cooking pot, topping it with some of the vegetable mix. Add carrots on top.
- Cover and lock lid in place. Select "High Pressure" and set timer for 55 minutes..
- Use natural pressure release to release pressure. When float valve drops, remove lid carefully titling away from you to allow steam to disperse..
Set the burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Our pressure cooker recipe for tender, juicy beef brisket is prepared with a flavorful homemade rub. What would traditionally take hours to tenderize and cook is ready in just over an hour in the MultiPot Pressure Cooker. Black pepper, salt, paprika, chili powder, garlic salt and onion powder come together in the brisket rub.