BBQ nachos. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Baked nachos nachos are great for a crowd and this recipe serves eight — though we think they'd also disappear with a group of four!
I made these with some leftover pulled pork from a BBQ day we had done a couple days prior. In a large bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce. Layer half the chips, cheddar, Cotija, chicken, pickled jalapeños, and onion. You can have BBQ nachos using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ nachos
- It’s of Chuck roast/ pork roast/ chicken breast.
- It’s of Bbq sauce.
- Prepare of Garlic cloves minced.
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Dales seasoning low sodium.
- You need of Doritos (coolRanch/ nacho/ or spicy nacho).
- Prepare of water/chicken broth.
- You need of nacho cheese (optional).
This is a great BBQ spot. Dive in, head first, and devour! I went BIG with the two meat plate (opted for the chopped brisket and pulled pork) with the hush puppies and BBQ baked beans. Also tried some of my daughter' fries, and son's chicken–both were great.
BBQ nachos step by step
- In a crock pot on high heat if partial frozen (8hrs) or low if completely thawed (4-8hrs).
- Pour in the chicken broth. then add 1/2 the onion and 1 garlic clove.
- Put roast or your choice of meat in the crock pot.
- Pour the dale seasoning making sure to cover the meat.
- Then season with remaining onion garlic and pepper.
- Place lid and cook until very tender so you can shred it.
- Shred meat. (Note: fastest way is to use an electric hand mixer.).
- Add your favorite bottle of bbq sauce and mix well.
- On plate place chips (if you place chips leave a whole in a middle like a doughnut so chips will not get soggy).
- Then add meat to middle and top with cheese.
- Side notes: for best results infuse meat with just a little bit of vinegar and seasonings of your choice. Instead of using fresh onion and garlic you can use powder to taste) you can also mix it up and add jerk sauce (find in condiment sections) instead of bbq sauce best with chicken. Some times I top with nacho cheese but it’s really good without it..
Add the barbecue sauce and cook until the sauce has reduced by about half, about five minutes. In a large skillet, spread out two large handfuls of tortilla chips. Layer with half of the barbecue chicken, followed by half of the cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, and parsley. Find the best Nachos near you on Yelp – see all Nachos open now. Brighten up your evening with fresh and colorful layered nachos made with our famous pulled pork.