Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta. My husband makes an excellent Chicken Cacciatore — however, we usually have a lot of chicken left over, as well as a good bit of the tasty tomato sauce.so, I got creative and with my Italian Heritage behind me, came up with this great sauce you can serve with your favorite Pasta (we chose rigatoni) — manja! This chicken cacciatore recipe is a classic Italian dish which makes a perfect midweek meal. Chicken thighs are braised in a sauce of tomatoes, stock and white wine with plenty of herbs.
Stir pasta into chicken mixture, thinning with pasta water as needed. Review this recipe This chicken cacciatore recipe is just the right solution for you when you need an easy dinner on demand. If you're looking for a stress-free weeknight meal for yourself, I've got just the thing for you. You can cook Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta
- You need 2 of large boneless chicken breasts (or your fave type of chicken).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1/2 (14 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 box of Ronzoni rotelle pasta (or your fave pasta).
This one-pot chicken cacciatore pasta takes minimal planning and time to create, plus it tastes great! While the chicken mixture rests bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Stir the spaghetti into the water and return to a boil. Ladle the chicken mixture over the drained spaghetti to serve.
Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta step by step
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and heat on stove. Salt and pepper chicken then brown in pan on Med High, a few minutes on both sides..
- While chicken browns, set Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, peppers and onions to pot. Sauté until soft and brown..
- Add chicken to Instant Pot. Pour over the 1/2 can of tomatoes. Add oregano and bay leaf. Stir well..
- Close and lock the lid. Cancel the Sauté setting. Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure..
- While chicken cooks, boil water for pasta. Add salt and cook until soft. Add butter and basil to noodles when ready..
- Once pressure cooking is complete, let sit 5-10 minutes, then Quick Release. Add basil to pot. Serve chicken and sauce atop noodles. Delish!.
Try Giada De Laurentiis' Chicken Cacciatore recipe, a rustic poultry-vegetable hunter's stew, from Everyday Italian on Food Network. Chicken Cacciatore Recipes Find easy and delicious recipes for classic chicken cacciatore. Bite-sized chunks of chicken simmered in a traditional pasta sauce with bell peppers are served over piping hot brown rice. Start our Simple Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe and let it cook. This Simple Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe includes peppers and mushrooms.