Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes.
You can have Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of additional unsalted butter, for the muffin tins.
- You need of non-stick spray* (see note in step 4).
- You need of confectioners sugar, for garnish.
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes instructions
- Combine the first 2 tbsp. butter, eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender and mix well, until smooth and frothy..
- Leave the batter in the blender and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. This gives the flour time to absorb the liquid. The texture and taste will be even better after it is given time to rest (or so I've read)..
- Place a 12 cup standard sized muffin tin (or 2 of the 6 cup muffin tins) into the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F, with the muffin tins in the oven while it heats..
- Once the oven is pre-heated, melt the additional 2 tbsp. of butter. Carefully remove the hot muffin tins from the oven (at this point I would recommend spraying the muffin tins with non-stick spray. I didn't the first time I tried this recipe and my Dutch babies stuck badly to the pan, even with the butter). Quickly brush the bottoms and sides of each cup with the melted butter, using a pastry brush..
- Pour the batter into the hot, buttered muffin tins, filling to the halfway point..
- Place muffin tins back in the oven and bake 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake an additional 7 minutes or until golden in color and puffy. Remove from oven. The pancakes will quickly deflate in the centers..
- Dust with the confectioners sugar and then serve immediately, either as is or with preferred toppings..