Marsala Chicken Curry with Potatoes. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken into a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. This whole chicken is marinated in spices before being roasted to a juicy, succulent dish served with spicy potatoes.
Potato masala curry is a simple yet delicious potato recipe which can be made in a few easy steps. You can learn how to make this amazing comfort food recipe at home using our easy recipe guide. It involves easy stewing technique and served as a side dish. You can have Marsala Chicken Curry with Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marsala Chicken Curry with Potatoes
- It’s of Whole chicken.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Marsala powder.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Groundnut oil.
- You need of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Vegetarian Mushroom Seasoning.
- Prepare of Dahl Flour.
- You need of Water.
Potatoes are cooked in onion and tomato gravy along with some coconut milk. I use skinless chicken thighs (I prefer on the bone for more flavor) but you can use your favorite part of the chicken. Learn easy and authentic Bengali Mangsher Jhol (Masala Chicken Curry With Potato) recipe. This curry is prepared in all Bengali's households. "Jhol" is a term that denotes liquid curry/ stew which is prepared with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, seasonings and water (to make liquid).
Marsala Chicken Curry with Potatoes instructions
- Marinate 1 whole chicken with 2 spoons of salt, half spoon of turmeric powder and full spoon of Marsala powder. Massage the chicken with the seasoning..
- Pound some onions and garlic into a mashed form.
- Add 3 full spoons of Chilli powder and pound into a paste..
- Peel and cut 6-7 potatoes into small pieces depending on the proportion you’re making. Add 1 half spoon of salt and mix the potatoes well..
- Add Groundnut oil and heat it up. Add the paste. And 2 spoons of marsala powder. Mix them up with the spatula..
- Add in the marinated chicken. Mix it well and then cover the wok. Wait until water spills out of the chicken. Mix it with the spatula again and ensure the paste doesn’t stick to the wok..
- Add some water to prevent the chicken and paste from sticking to the wok. Leave the cover on, and only remove it from time to time to stir it up using the spatula. Add some fish sauce and mix them well..
- After about 5 minutes, add in the potatoes and mix them up. Close the cover and only remove it to add some water and stir the curry from time to time for 2 minutes..
- Mix Dahl Flour with water and pour it in to make the curry more pasty.
- Add 1 and a half spoon of vegetarian mushroom seasoning if it’s too salty..
- This is the amount of water that you should add in overall. Cover the wok and then wait for approximately 13 minutes for the potatoes to become soft. You can use the spatula to press against the potatoes to test the softness of the potatoes..
- Now you have a delicious dish of Chicken Curry with Potatoes..
And the chicken is perfectly tender with the creamiest, most flavor-packed sauce ever! When Ben was out of town last week, two very important things happened. How to make Chicken Curry With Sweet Potatoes Recipe. To prepare the Chicken Curry With Sweet Potatoes recipe, firstly wash the chicken pieces thoroughly. Peel of the potatoes and dice them.