Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup With Chilli. Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans "Wonderful recipe for squash! Chef John's Ham and Butternut Spaghetti "This is so fabulous! It has become the request for birthday dinners!" – tdcron Cooking butternut squash, with its hard, thick shell, can seem daunting.
Butternut squash (Cucurbita moschata), sometimes known in Australia and New Zealand as butternut pumpkin or gramma, is a type of winter squash that grows on a vine. It has a sweet, nutty taste similar to that of a pumpkin. It has tan-yellow skin and orange fleshy pulp with a compartment of seeds in the blossom end. You can cook Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup With Chilli using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup With Chilli
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash, cut into small cubes,.
- You need 2 of medium to large sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes,.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, sliced finely,.
- It’s of Fresh red chillies to taste,.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil (1 tbsp),.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need 700 ml of water.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- It’s of Red chilli flakes,.
- You need of Dried parsley,.
- Prepare of Equipment:.
- It’s of Hand blender.
Thanks to its smooth, easy-to-peel surface and rich, sweet flavor, butternut squash has become the MVP of the gourd world. Like it's relations, other winter squash such as acorn and kabocha, butternuts are at their best from early fall through winter. Baked Butternut Squash Take advantage of fabulous fall produce and roast this scrumptious side. Lightly seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, this is my favorite baked butternut squash recipe—it could almost be dessert!
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup With Chilli step by step
- Add the oil to a large saucepan and heat up on the hob over a medium heat. Add in the vegetables and chillies and fry for a couple of minutes then add in the water and bring to a simmer..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until the vegetables are soft. This usually takes 15-20 minutes..
- Once the vegetables are nice and soft, remove from the heat and using a hand blender blend until a lovely smooth consistency is achieved..
- Serve up and garnish with a few extra chilli flakes and parsley. Great with some buttered bread! Enjoy. :).
Between the roasted butternut squash and the warm grilled chicken, this salad will definitely fill you up. Get the recipe from Jo Cooks. Cut off and discard the ends of each butternut squash. Peel the squash, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Transplant seedlings into larger pots when big enough to handle, and then plant outside into fertile soil when all risk of frost has passed, from late May.