Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker. Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken, spices and water. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add olive oil to the pot along with the vegetables. Combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, and Ranch seasoning. Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker to serving bowl, using slotted spoon. You can cook Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 of large russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt free all purpose seasoning, poultry seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each garlic powder, nutmeg.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm. Increase cooker to high heat setting. Mix whipping cream, flour and remaining thyme; stir into liquid in cooker. Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe comes together with very little effort for the most creamy and delicious stew recipe.
Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the veggies and seasonings in. Place the chicken breasts over the top of the veggies then pour in the broth. Place the lid on, set the heat to low and cook for about 6 hours, until everything is tender and the chicken is cooked through..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then stir in the frozen corn. In a small measuring glass, whisk together the flour and the cream until it's relatively smooth, then stir that mixture into the slow cooker. Place the lid back on and let it cook for another 45-60 minutes, until it has thickened up and the flour taste has cooked off. Taste for any additional seasoning you'd like to add, then serve..
Each bite is so delicious and the perfect meal when you are craving comfort food. Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe. This delicious stew is loaded with so much flavor that you won't be able to eat just one bowl. Chicken Stew made right in the slow cooker! So simple to make, creamy, delicious, comfort food, that the entire family will devour.