Easy chicken enchiladas. Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious. I love going to Mexican restaurants and trying everything on the menu.
This is the homemade comfort food you've been craving, plus it's totally customizable! Making enchiladas is, hands-down, my favorite way to transform leftovers into an easy, flavorful dinner. Tender roasted chicken gets dressed up with spicy, piquant enchilada sauce, covered in shredded cheese, then wrapped in tender tortillas and baked until warm. You can have Easy chicken enchiladas using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy chicken enchiladas
- It’s 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 of large cans of green enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 2-8 oz of packages of shredded Mexican style cheese.
- It’s 2 cans of tomatoes with green Chile’s.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, pepper, salt, chili powder or red pepper flakes to your liking.
- You need 12 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño thinly slice for garnish (optional).
These Easy Chicken Enchiladas make the best Mexican dinner ever! This homemade classic is an all-time family favorite that's great for easy weeknight meals. Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family's staple dinner meals. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them.
Easy chicken enchiladas step by step
- Pan fry or boil chicken breasts until done and shred.
- Mix chicken with 1 can of green sauce, both cans of tomatoes and Chile’s and spices and 1 bag of cheese and mix throughly.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture in tortillas and roll up placing seam side down in a 13×9 baking pan that you poured half the can of the remaining green sauce in so they don’t stick to the pan..
- Pour remaining half of green sauce over the top of the enchiladas and top with the other bag of cheese. Cover and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes until heated all the way through and cheese on top is melted. Top with sliced jalepenos if you desire and top with sour cream as well. These are simple, easy and can be held in the fridge for usually up to 5 days..
And these chicken dinner enchiladas work so well to make ahead of time, especially if you're making these for a big family party!. Make-Ahead Chicken Enchiladas (SCROLL DOWN TO PRINT RECIPE) Thanks to my sweet sister-in-law Cathy, our family has been making these enchiladas for. This might just be our favorite chicken enchilada recipe. It's so easy—you need just seven ingredients—and the unexpected addition of cream cheese makes for a rich, creamy white sauce that can't be beat. And of course, it's finished with a bunch of ooey, gooey cheese.