Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Chang's China Bistro Stir-fried Spicy Eggplant recipe This is one of my favorite chinese restaurant. I love this veg eggplant curry and would like to share the recipe with you all. You can have Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- You need 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- You need of Carrots cut into stripes.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- Prepare of Steamed white rice.
- You need of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- Prepare of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to make a paste. Combine all the spicy sauce ingredients in another bowl and mix well. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Remove from heat, stir in green onions and serve.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) step by step
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!😋😋.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!👌.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P. Chang's stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) For the sake of comparison, here are the ingredients that I did NOT use in my recipe but are used in P. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high flame and add the oils; tilt the pan to coat all. P f chang s china bistro stir fried y eggplant recipe stir fried eggplant main entrées p f chang s copycat p f chang s stir fried y eggplant recipe development pf chang s ground en eggplant our.